The Direct Career Service
Updated: Jul 17
Are you looking for new work?
Applying for jobs but not even getting a response?
Direct Career Services is a Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) initiative to help people gain confidence and skills to find work.
This FREE service is open to anyone looking for new work, you do not have to be unemployed. The Direct Career Service is designed to build confidence in job seekers by providing the tools and resources to take steps towards employment or education.
Talk to a local career expert over-the-phone to develop a personalised step-by-step plan to get into a job or training.
CV & Cover Letter writing
Help with career direction
Step-by-step personalised plan development
Get into free training courses
Start an apprenticeship
Job application support
And this list goes on…
How the Direct Career Service can help New Zealanders
· Career experts support job seekers and help them develop a plan that outlines the next steps they can confidently take to get a job or get into training.
· This service is for all New Zealanders, especially workers displaced by COVID-19, to get back into work or training.
· Get your confidence up, get a plan, get back into work or training.
Call 0800 601 301 to book a session with a career expert.
Other support available
· Training and job opportunities
· The JOB HUNTER'S TOOLKIT is a free ebook packed with information, resources and guides to help you land your next job
Printed Job Hunters Workbooks are available in Māori, English, Pacific Languages of Cook Islands Maori, Fijian, Kiribati, Niuean, Rotuma, Samoan, Tokelauan, Tongan & Tuvaluan from Gisborne Budget Moni Ora or at the local Work and Income offices.
· Find more information and resources
· Free vocational training and apprenticeships
The Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF) pays fees and compulsory costs for a range of vocational qualifications until the end of 2022. The fund covers all TEC-approved apprenticeships as well as diplomas, certificates and programmes in targeted areas.
Questions and Answers
What is the Direct Career Service?
This service is to support New Zealanders displaced by COVID-19 get back into work or training. It includes national over-the-phone personalised career guidance communities across New Zealand.
Who is this service for?
This service is for all New Zealanders, especially those whose jobs have been affected by COVID-19.
Is this service free to clients?
This service is free to all New Zealanders.
How long is this service running?
This service runs till 18th June 2021.
For people wanting to use this FREE service they need to call the 0800 601 301 number and ask for a career practitioner in the Gisborne Tairāwhiti Region.
When calling and making the appointment you can also ask for someone to call you up to 7.30pm if required and available.